Monday, October 18, 2010

Compilation Teaser: My Girl

My Girl: Teaser
By: Suzie55




I rush out the double doors that lead to the parking lot and round the corner of the building, staying under the small awning. I often come out here to read scandalous books like Kerouac or just to escape the pressures of being in that clique and never quite feeling like I really fit in.


I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and then exhale.


“Slumming it?”


I jump, startled to be caught out here. I turn to see New Kid leaning against the other corner of the building. My palms get sweaty and my heart starts to race. “Oh, uh, I come out here sometimes.”


“I know.”


I walk closer to him, staying close to the brick wall to avoid getting rained on. I get as close as I can while still feeling safe in my comfort zone. “How do you know?”


He chuckles to himself. “You are fascinating to watch, Bella Swan.”


I cross my arms defensively across my chest. “How so?” I ask, intrigued by him more than I want to be.


“I don’t know why you’re dating that guy, but it’s obvious to anyone paying attention that you two are complete opposites.”


Other than Alice, I’ve never had someone be so frank with me. He talks to me like I have a brain, as an equal. I instinctively scoot a little closer.


I lean my head against the wall and say, “Tell me more.”


“I don’t know if I should rock the little world you’ve built here. I mean,” he raises his eyebrow at me, “there’s a hierarchy here and you’re queen bee…”


I hit him playfully on the chest and encourage him. “I really want to hear your thoughts. Please tell me more.”


He scoots a little closer leaving just a mere foot between us. I start breathing a little heavier. I’m not used to having someone be so bold and honest, and yet so right, this close to me.


“One day you’re going to be my girl.” He watches me intently.


“You seem sure of yourself.”


The bell above us rings making us both jump and jolting us back to reality.


* * *


Suzie55 has generously submitted the rest of this amazing story to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about Suzie55 and her fanfiction by clicking here.

1 comment: