Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Compilation Teaser: Trapped in Clear Glass

Trapped in Clear Glass
by: VampiresHaveLaws


I could see the place now, the one tree fallen where so many still stood proud and tall, twisted and elegant. My hands trembled as I reached out to reverently place a palm on the rough bark, my lips soon morphing into a smile as I remembered the amount of times clothing got caught and torn.


My feet stumbled slightly as I turned to sit, the surface a little slippery as I hoisted myself up. I swung my feet back and forth, the heels of my shoes hitting the bark with each pass.


Movement from further out caused my legs to stop moving, my breath held as I listened and listened for a hint of what the sound could be. It's footsteps, loud and squeaky against the damp undergrowth and soil.


My mouth opened as the form came into sight, the face so familiar and yet different. My body remembered him – my pulse quickened as my heart beat faster.


This would be the time I'd raise my head with a shy smile and wait for him to walk over with his own grin. But I did nothing – I simply sat and stared and waited for him to notice me with equal parts nervousness and excitement.

* * *

VampiresHaveLaws has generously submitted the rest of this oneshot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more like it, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about VampiresHaveLaws and her fanfiction by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment