Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Compilation Teaser: Little Things

Little Things
by: Le Crepuscule

"I'm sorry, what was that?"


"I said I should have known. You can tell her no about as much as I can. We need to take a page out of my Aunt Elizabeth's book."


His Aunt was raised by a family that was in dire straits after the economy crash in the 1930s that resulted in the Great Depression. I was unsure if her upbringing influenced her personality or if she was simply a natural pain in the ass, but that was exactly what she was; a thick, pointy thorn with a horrible attitude stuck to your right ass cheek. Edward told me some stories of growing up with her once he lost his parents, and I swore it was as if they were financially struggling themselves. She would do everything in her power, including charging him rent at the age of 15 when he got his first job as the paper boy on his bicycle through town, to simply save some money. The funniest part was that she was the widow of a very wealthy man. It was the biggest mystery to me. My theory was that she was just a soul sucking leech, bound and determined to break anyone's happiness in life. That could simply be the writer in me though.


"Over my dead body will we be taking anything from that woman. She'd hold that over our heads even after she's dead," I responded.


"But our daughter is-."


"Absolutely adorable, I agree," I cut him off, causing him to sigh, resigned. We’d had this fight before.


* * *

Le Crepuscule has generously submitted the rest of this oneshot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more like it, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about Le Crepuscule and her fanfiction by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment