Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Compilation Teaser: Hush

Hush
by: hazeleyes71790


The walk to my place of work was one of my favorite parts of the day. Most of my co-workers at the newspaper I work for, hated going into work. They loathed the subway just as much as they dreaded the demanding deadlines imposed upon them, albeit part of their job.

I, unlike almost everyone in New York City, chose to walk to work every day. Sure, on occasion when the weather was not cooperating, I would descend the stairs leading to the dark underbelly of the city and board the subway. I swear I am going to end up with a disease from sitting in those plastic orange chairs. The New York subways are vile at best.

Fall in New York City is unlike anything else. The colors of the leaves falling and scattering randomly covering the narrow sidewalks; the aroma that fall brings and the clothing for the fall season always makes me happy inside.

So here I was, three blocks away from work, my hands in my coat pockets and my mind a million miles away. It was just another Thursday, right?

Wrong.

Ten years ago, I was just a junior in college whose life had been changed forever. The pain was still very real and recalling that fateful day in the hospital felt like yet another knife slicing me open. I was damaged. And even though my life was perfect to people on the outside, I was broken into pieces on the inside.

I shook my head trying to clear my mind attempting to allow myself to think of something else, when I heard my name being called from across the street.

Alice!” She shouted.


* * *

hazeleyes71790 has generously submitted the rest of this amazing oneshot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more like it, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about hazeleyes71790 and her fanfiction by clicking here.

1 comment: