Monday, October 25, 2010

Compilation Teaser: The House That Built Me

The House That Built Me
by: holly1980


I walked over, looking out along the street. I could see Daddy’s cruiser in the driveway if I tried really hard. My old rusty truck sitting next to it. I smiled thinking of that truck. It didn’t run for shit but it ran all the same. I had to do a double take at the Lexus on the side of the street. With all my reminiscing I thought for one second it was his car. I shook the thoughts out of my head. It wasn’t his. He wasn’t here. He made that very clear ten years ago when he told me he couldn’t make the LA lifestyle work for him. He never gave me a choice. He just left. He thought he was holding me back when really he was the only one holding me together. He had called not long after he took off. He told me that one day we’d meet again and when we did we’d make it work. I wondered if he was still in town. I wondered if maybe I should drive by his parents’ house just for old time’s sake and see how everyone was.


* * *

Holly1980 has generously submitted the rest of this amazing oneshot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about Holly1980 and her fanfiction by clicking here.

1 comment: