Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Compilation Teaser: The Patriot's Challenge

The Patriot's Challenge: An Outtake from The Family Business
by: SuzsPetals

The handsome stranger was watching me, his head cocked, as I mused over our different histories, lifestyles and choices. Definitely intelligent and certainly scrutinizing me.


“You don’t feed on humans?” he finally asked. “At all?” He didn’t sound as shocked or amused as I expected. Fascinated felt like the right word. I cast my eyes down to the covered bear to avoid his intense gaze. I honestly couldn’t remember how long it had been since someone had unsettled me. I looked back up and met his eyes.


“No. Not for eons. We were human once, too.” I shrugged, pretending not to care what he thought. “It was easy once the decision was made.”


* * *

SuzsPetals has generously submitted the rest of this outtake to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more like it, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about SuzsPetals and her fanfiction by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment