Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Compilation Teaser: You are My Sunshine

You Are My Sunshine
by: theswandive


I feel as if the floor below me has opened up and swallowed me whole. The room spins around me and I realize my legs are shaky and I'm having trouble focusing on anything. I move to sit down, feeling very much like the odd man out. I'm alone in this room, my wife is unconscious and only these doctors and nurses know what's happening, but they can't tell me anything yet. Suddenly, I realize in the midst of all the commotion, that I haven't even seen or held my daughter. I look around the small room and she's not here. They must have taken her out of the room and into the nursery.

A nurse comes over to me and puts an arm on my shoulder. “Mr. Cullen, are you okay?”

I drag my hands down my face and shake my head. “No, God no. What's happening to my wife?”


* * *

theswandive has generously submitted the rest of this amazing oneshot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about theswandive and her fanfiction by clicking here.

1 comment: