Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Compilation Teaser: Good Luck Kiss

Good Luck Kiss
by: earthprincess4


“Jaspers pointing you out to Edward,” Alice informed.

“How can you tell?”

“Jasper is number 63, right there.” She pointed him out to me. “And Edward is number 18.”

“Who’s the other guy with them?” I wondered.

“I think that’s James. He’s been on the team for quite a while. If I remember correctly he’s one of Edward’s roommates. He’s a little egoistical. I don’t care for him, much.”

I watched Edward out on the field, while he practiced. I wanted to give him some sort of little gesture. I couldn’t blow a kiss. That was Alice and Jasper’s thing. Plus he’d probably be a little freaked out if I did. I couldn’t come up with anything else. I could wave, but that seemed too simple. I could salute, but he’d probably think I was strange. Why would I salute him?

Instead, as they came running in after warming up, I just smiled. He probably couldn’t even see me smiling. He never looked up as he ran in to the dugout. My heart sort of sunk when he didn’t acknowledge me at all. I watched as Alice and Jasper, did their typical thing. I was just about to sit down and get comfortable for the game, when suddenly I saw someone running up the path along the front of the stands. I glanced over at Alice, who also noticed, but didn’t know what it was all about.

I leaned over the railing and looked down. I realized it was Edward and suddenly my heart wasn’t sinking, it was flying. I didn’t really understand what he was doing though. He stopped in front of me and pulled himself up on to the railing. I looked into his eyes, with a questioning look.

“I was kind of hoping I could get a good luck kiss,” he revealed.



* * *
Earthprincess4 has generously submitted the rest of this amazing one-shot to the Fandom for Preemies Compilation. You can read it and so many more, by donating a minimum of $5 to the March of Dimes during the month of November. For more details on how to donate please click here! You may learn more about earthprincess4 and her fanfiction by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment